View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 07:22 AM   #41
G8rN@te61

Re: Keeping my I6 250...what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Found a better picture of the coil on my computer.

Crazyjeenyus, is giving you good info about the engine, but in my opinion, without the other changes to the truck, more power won't make it a more enjoyable truck.
My 292 has the LPG 9:1 pistons, 1.94 In valves, roller rockers, cam, Carter AVS, Clifford, Hedman, but I was still in the slow lane with the engine screaming its heart out. It wasn't until I changed the rear gears was any of that worth while and it could run in the fast lane with anyone. I know the stock engine configuration would have been equally happy with better gearing.

Before the power steering, I always felt like I was wrestling a grizzly in the cab when I was trying to park it. Power steering allows you to get rid of the giant steering wheel they put in there to give you leverage to wrestle the grizzly.

AC speaks for itself. There's nothing fun abut sweating in a truck cab no matter how much power it has.

Liking the offset air cleaner. I have the top piece but not the bottom piece. Do you happen to know what I should look for?
G8rN@te61 is offline   Reply With Quote