View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #36
DT1

Re: Issues with restored trucks

I'm currently restoring a 72 Custom for my grandson. We've been at it for a year and a half now. When we started, I was hoping to get him interested in all things mechanical and proper tool selection and usage. He still doesn't know the difference between a Phillips head screw driver and sledge hammer but he has been at my side the whole time. I will settle just to make him understand what real patience, blood, sweat and tears goes into a job like this. Besides that, He's learning to cuss like a sailor. The main thing that I try to impose on him is that it's a really big job and you have to keep chipping away at it. Never put the breaks on it or you might not get re-started. He also knows now that it's better (IMO) to stick to the particular part or section that you begin to work on and try not to jump around the project if you can possibly help it. The truck is currently in the assembly phase so, He's picking up his interest a lot more. As far as working out all the kinks is concerned, it's all just part of finalizing the project. This is his first restoration, not mine. He still thinks I'm a genius. I can't disappoint the boy.

DT1 is offline   Reply With Quote