View Single Post
Old 11-19-2017, 01:01 AM   #274
Tikal48

Re: Harold's '48 S10 LS1 Build

Thanks all for the encouraging words. I haven't been able to get much done this summer. The weather, work, and life didn't cooperate with my plans.

Since the last post, I've done a little more gap work on the passenger side door. That is all too time consuming. I'm down to the lower side front of the door.

I finally got a little time this weekend to get my front bumper brackets welded on. I will still have to add more braces once I pull the front sheet metal back apart. There is not much room between the bumper bracket and the sway bar brackets, and the bumper brackets extend past the sway bar mounts. I wanted to be able to easily remove the sway bar if needed, so I attached the brackets to the cross member that I had earlier added to the front of the frame. I will add more bracing just to the front of the sway bar brackets. This should allow me enough room to pull it if need be.

I tucked the bumper in close and have about 3/4" clearance to the fenders. I will add a piece of sheet metal under the grill to either fender to cover the gap that can be seen over the bumper. Making the piece even with the bottom of the fenders, I have about 3/8" clearance over the brackets.
Attached Images

Tikal48 is offline   Reply With Quote