View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #207
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
haaahah yeah I got dogs, so I'm always careful with coolant. I've been lucky enough to never have it spill out, I usually keep a funnel in the rad with a rag around it Just in case.
So if I took the bung out of the overflow and stuck it in my mouth cause I couldn't find somewhere to put it down...then realized my mistake with an awful taste in my mouth...

Not saying it happened, just asking for a friend. Are you saying that is bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
if it starts up good and shuts down good when hot, you are in the ball park. as for trans, I think they take 11or 12 qt. be an easy find on the net.
Yeah I stuck a gallon in there after the 4 qts and got up to about 9.5qt. Looks pretty close but I haven't driven it yet to slosh everything around. I did get the car to start and idle nicely, once warm she shuts off fine. I also don't have the smog coming out of the exhaust I was having before from unburned fuel in the exhaust. In gear (Reverse or forward) the engine bogs down but doesn't cut out when I'm on the brakes. I feel confident I'm in good shape enough to get to a store and have someone set the timing correctly. Once I've done it, I can't imagine having to go back and do it again

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote