View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #9
HO455
Post Whore

Re: 1972 K20 Brakes - Need Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972RedNeck View Post
Pulled the drums, the rear brakes look to be almost new. Pulled the rubber caps back on the wheel cylinders and they are dry as a bone.

Pulled the sender out of the proportioning valve and there is no fluid leakage there either.

Still can't get the master cylinder to bleed out.

Thoughts?
Went through similar issues on my Javelin I ended up putting three master cylinders on it before I got a good one. I tore the two bad ones apart an found one of them had a deformed cup and the other one the anodizing on the plunger was flaking off and there were dozens of pieces preventing the cups from contacting the walls of the bore. Both were pulling air in from the back. I would pull the master cylinder apart and if you can't find an issue replace the rear hose and try again. Old hoses used to be good for twenty years. New hoses, good luck getting five years out of one.
If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote