View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:17 PM   #208
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
here is what I did, make mounts off frame for a 1x1 frame to bolt to, it will come out. i also made tabs off that so I could bolt the bedsides to it. The bed itself was mounted to frame, but the stock strip that runs along the bedsides that connected to bedwood sits so low it had nothing to support it. I don't like welding much to the bed itself so it worked out well having the steel tubing frame inside the bed and the bed actually bolted to it and made the middle of the bedsides have support. if those bed isn't supported there it will wobble at high speeds. I have that problem on my 51' and I'm fixing it. Looking back even on this build I would have plumbed all my lines much better.
Dumb question on your picture...is that 14GA or 11GA 1x1 tube? Seems like 11GA might be overkill. Not like I'm using the bed to haul sheep around or something.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote