View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:23 PM   #209
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

transmission tunnel finally fitted. Stole someone elses idea for building a frame around the outside so its removable. Took about 30 cuts to get the S10 tunnel fit perfectly haha. As you can see, I might have screwed up the hole for the stick a little. Nothing a bit of filler metal can't fix. I'm not worried about how pretty it is since this will be covered in dynamat and carpet someday.

I used the old floor section to trace a new one onto some 16GA sheet

I used an 8" piece of string to draw a radius for the firewall side and made it 2" thick. Matched the two pieces up and tacked them in

Took the S10 trans tunnel I had cut out previously and slowly worked it into the new location. This was made easier by the fact that the first step gave me a template I could take out of the truck and put on the ground for measuring, cutting, measuring, grinding, cutting again and then welding it up.

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote