Thread: Rarest Option
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 03:02 PM   #70
Killer Bee

Re: Rarest Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtr65 View Post
Killer Bee, Are you talking about SMS in Oregon? I once requested the original fabric sample for my 65 from that company. They told me they had the exact match. They even sent me a sample of a piece of NOS fabric. I sent them a deposit. 6 months later I finally received my material, only 3 months late. When I opened the package I found I was sent some reproduced material. And in my opinion it wasn't even close. It took me three months to get my money back, after I sent the fabric back. And only then because I threatened a law suit. Who runs a business like that?
the one and only.. and apparently the only game left in the country according to about 50 phone calls I made..

all started in Jan '16 and finally ended yesterday..

requested samples by model year, received A,B,C, recognizing the difference, attached sample from seat and sent back..

received an EXACT match sample! smiles all around the upholstery shop, this is going to be good!

then proceeded to receive everything under the sun BUT the matched sample..

over, over, and over again..

so after many, many phone calls, hours of listening to lies and excuses, finally got to talk to Doug himself.. felt like I was in the twilight zone, he was flabbergasted that I wasn't happy with the materials he was making and just couldn't understand my dissatisfaction.. as if he had never sent me the EXACT match of my fabric over a year earlier that I repeatedly requested..

so then he finally admits he has it, after insulting me for not accepting his new fabrics that everyone else claims is fantastic.. and sends me a bunch of faded remnants.. more calls and finally received his hold out stash..

indeed, who else runs a business like this? hopefully no one I ever encounter again for the rest of my life.. that company is deceptive and dishonest to say the least.. I'll keep my feelings about him personally to myself but suffice it to say, they're not family friendly..