View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 09:12 PM   #867
rgunlock

Re: My 78 K15 High Sierra build - Fish Tremble

After test driving with just the shims, I installed the new dual stabilizer setup. This wouldn't have been too bad a job, but the shocks were really tough to compress and line up with the center mounting bracket. Also the instructions didn't seem to account that about 8" of the passenger side on the crossover bar was for toe adjustment so I had to move everything from where the instructions had me put them originally in order to get it somewhat centered and even.

This also improved the driveability of the truck. It now takes some "intent" to turn the wheel which is what I wanted. The downside is that now after a turn you can't just let the wheel slip past your palm to center itself again. You have to turn the wheel to straighten up. Not a big deal, but something I'll have to see if I get used to. Would probably have been about just right to just upgrade the O'Reilly's OE stabilizer shock (top of pic).

I also got the helper fuel pump you suggested Brett, but haven't installed yet. Looks like I'm going to need to modify the steel fuel lines to mount the pump on the frame, and I haven't got a relay yet. I did re-install the fuel filter I'd removed from near the tank. Also put an unmodified baseplate back on my QuadraJet carb and retuned everything again. Truck ran pretty good on the 5 mile test runs to check out the steering improvements.
Attached Images

78 GMC K15 SWB, 350/NV4500/NP205/4.10s Project Hazel
71 GMC C25 350/TH400 - Project Angie
59 Chevy SWB Stepside (next in line? Not sure now )
2001 GMC Sierra K2500
rgunlock is offline   Reply With Quote