View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 11:21 PM   #34
davischevy

Re: Built not bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
For me in my eyes, it is all about the build process. It's about learning new things weather it is you teaching someone or you teaching someone else. It's about keeping this hobby alive. Everyone can't do everything all the time and a lot of times it makes more sense to send out certain things. Not everyone can set up a suitable paint booth, not everyone has access to a welder or even 220. Again, it's about the build. Take something that is trashed and make it something that never was produced etc.

I did a 2000 F350 for a kid recently. It was a 14 month pain in the life project from Satan's den. I had who knows how many hours in the truck, let alone dealing with the owner. I built him a 550+hp 7.3, restored the under side of the truck, added an aftermarket fuel system, added stacks over the top of his dual tail pipes with electric cut outs, and more. He had the truck for 3 days and he brought it by. I saw the "Built not bought" stickers on the front windows. Instantly ticked me off. It was built alright, but not by him.

If you have the drive to learn and a want to have something you can step back and say I built this for me that's what will matter in the end.
Now that you have him out of the way, can I drop my diesel truck off. I will even have some stickers like this made.
Attached Images

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote