View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 10:42 AM   #21
raidmagic

Re: My fuel tank install

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFMANmike View Post
maybe im wrong here but ive always been under the impression that it would not necessarily be the bolts that " could fail " or back off . BUT more that the welds for the tank flange could fail and maybe not right away but could brake and then the straps would keep the tank in place as a secondary precaution .. it is your ride in the end it all comes down to what you are comfortable living with on your truck ... but i will say this lets remember that 2 straps has been the way forever in the US car industry for all that was when things were made with more care and Pride in our products made in the usa ... now things like LMC and many others are made in china for companies who are more concerned with quantity and not quality . and maybe a im grasping at straws here but ide say that its safe to assume that would include craftsmanship and welds again just my 2cents
The bracket that holds the tank in is spot welded to the tank but the tank flange also is bolted down. If the spot welds were to break the tank would still be bolted in through that bracket and the tank flange.
raidmagic is offline   Reply With Quote