View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 02:02 PM   #7
Rod Run

Re: E-brake cable w/700r4 question

Well. the quest goes on. I ordered the intermediate cable last night through Year One and as I said earlier I ordered the one for a TH400, but they didn't have a front cable.

Today I'm trying to place another big order through Classic Industries, for the stuff Year One didn't carry. They have a front cable, but they only carry the one for use with the TH350.

I hate to keep gambling here on different parts, because it could get expensive. Hopefully someone else can chime in with what they have used in this situation. I have been burnt way to many times when I've used the "it should work" advice, without getting solid answers. I'm actually starting to wonder if the intermediate I ordered is going to be the wrong one, after Andy4638 says which one he is using (if he means he had a standard shift tranny before). I've got hundreds of dollars in parts in my garage from time I've gone that route, but I'll lose 75% of the value just from shipping if I send them back

Using factory cables leaves to much to chance if it isn't known which cables were used. I'm wondering how much of a difference it makes. I know one is 69" and one is 71", so I'm wondering if both will work, just with more or less adjustment needed.

I'm probably over thinking this, but I don't want to waste money here. These little cost overruns are starting to add up to much now