View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #240
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
Not to mention taking it to an event (like GG's or LS Fest) where you might 'lean on it' vs. a show (like LST or C10's In The Park) where it mainly sits still or just puts around in a parade circle. If it breaks during an event, you better hope it's an easy fix or that trailer will be sorely missed (having to find alternative transport for people + the vehicle).
Exactly! I had that same thing in mind but was too embarrassed to admit something might break! haha. It happens though. The last time for me was on a buddies car. Some electrical fried itself during a cruise around the black hills. We weren't too far from the hotels or an auto parts store, but we had no tools and luckily a guy who trailered his ride had tools in his trailer so we could cut out the bad wiring out and splice in some temporary stuff until we got the car back to the shop. That was all about a 1 hour drive from the shop. Man I can't imagine if we were hundreds of miles out. Yes, there are auto parts stores around, but break something big on our customs and you're generally SOL in the short term (like something in the suspension). Hard enough to get a 3/16" flare fitting for brake line let alone a ball joint for a '71 C10 that's really off something else and that has even been modified to fit. Or try getting a big mouth rod end for a 4-link bar from Autozone. It shouldn't ever break but Murphy somehow finds a way to say otherwise.

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote