View Single Post
Old 01-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #2414
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Hi Bob,
Thanks for asking.

There are 3 auto glass places within a mile from my house that I could drive the truck to via residential back streets (since it has no glass, no bed/fenders, headlights/signals/brake lights, grill, hood) I stopped by each of them in the last week and all said they don’t do vintage vehicles. One said nothing before 1980. Safelite said they won’t do any vehicle with glass or rubber provided by the owner, only their own - I have all the glass and all the rubber so that doesn’t work for me. I gave my name/number to one shop that said they had someone on staff that would do it at my house as side work. He hasn’t called.
Still considering my options.

Nothing happening on bed wood yet. Last of our holiday house guests didn’t leave until last Friday so I’ve been procrastinating. Now it’s ACTUALLY raining in SoCal so I’m delayed a few days longer but will be getting to it soon. Sorry I don’t have any progress to report or photos to show.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote