View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 12:09 AM   #18
vintovka

Re: Laminate Bed Boards?

Ocean storm has been bad here so tough to get more pics. Sorry. The pics in my signature link pretty much tell it all. I should add that nuts with attached lock washers make it much easier to install. May not be Stainless but doesn't show. I did fasten the bed to each main cross member but the extra cross members i added are only attached on the sides. They provide downward support only, Remember this is a 54 bed going on a 84 K10 chassis with 84 K10 cross members (And a 54 rail set) which wasn't easy. The new tank prevented me from add a row of bolts. That will have to wait until i drop the tank to do it. They are just hot glued in place as a temp fix. I spaced the rails to cover the full size board seams and split the difference on the sides. You can drive yourself nuts trying to come up with something else in the way of spacing -- simplest is best, Again no grooves were cut and i only rebated the edges as i needed to get them under the fixed side rails. Bed is very stout and hopefully very durable. It only has to out last me (which won't be too hard).
vintovka is offline   Reply With Quote