Thread: Should I swap?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 01:50 PM   #4
rsavage

Re: Should I swap?

An LS swap would make it more driveable., Carbed or FI? Carbed is obviously simpler. Not an inexpensive swap. I started researching what I would need to do an LS in the Blazer I am doing now and I was pretty quickly up to a point where I would never recoup my dollars - mine is just a plain jane K5 but it will be show quality when I am done as are all my classics - I can't help myself. I don't know how insurance is in your state, but classic insurance where I am - Hagerty or American Collector (both of which I've used) limit the type of driving you can do - i.e. car shows, cruises, classic car related. I can't use my cars/trucks for daily driving as I assume it would be cause for them to deny a claim. So that may be something to consider. In your case, you indicate that you intend on keeping it so what you will end up in it doesn't matter. If you want to drive it on long distances, you will probably have to update to an overdrive trans that you can mate with your TC case. Good luck on whatever you decide.
2021 Durango RT 5.7
rsavage is offline   Reply With Quote