View Single Post
Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 AM   #175
Super_Dave

Re: 1974 C20 Soon to become a project...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
I see that several 60-66 guys use their parts and never knew they offered anything for the 73-87 guys. Just good to know of other suppliers. Thanks for the input.
Well, so far, here is my experience with Top Banana:

1. Ordered repair panels on the 12th.

2. Ordered a complete rear bumper and bracket assembly on the 12th.

3. I received an Order Conformation listing the bumper as ordered NOT back ordered

4. EVERYTHING was listed as "In Stock" on their website.

5. Six (6) days later, no confirmation email that the order has shipped and no tracking number(s).

6. Called the Top Banana Support line and was told the parts shipped on the 15th.

7. Asked why I never received a Tracking Number as promised and was told to contact UPS for a tracking number and to check my Spam Folder. End of conversation.

8. UPS says to get the tracking number from the seller (which I already knew but humored TB anyway.)

9. Emailed TB Support for the tracking numbers and let them know what UPS said.

10. Received an email with two tracking numbers and a notification that the rear bumper was on back order.

11. Called TB Support and asked about the Back Ordered Bumper and why it was listed as "In Stock" and when they expected a shipment. Was told that the shipment would not arrive until the end of the month, making it three (3) plus more weeks before I see the bumper. No explanation about the "In Stock" status.

12. Not happy about the back order, I responded to TB Support via email, regarding the bumper being listed as "In Stock" at the time of the order.

13. I also stated that if I knew from the beginning that the bumper was a Back Order Item taking four (4) weeks from my order date to arrive, I would have gone with another vendor who sells the same parts from the same manufacturers. As it is, the bumper is holding up half of our custom work we needed to get done. Expressed my disappointment in their service.

14. I asked if they were able to expedite the shipment to me once they received their order and that I didn't want to be charged for the expedited delivery since their website is in error and they failed miserably to communicate with me.

15. I further stated that, if they could not expedite, was it possible to cancel the order so I could order from another supplier.

16. I received an email stating they do not do expedited shipping and that they canceled the back order and would refund the price back to my card, along with an adjustment in the shipping.

So. . . now I am back to ordering the bumper from another comparable supplier. . . to see if we can get this project back under steam.

Word to the wise: When communication breaks down early, like it did with Top Banana, stay on top of the vendor like white on rice. If you don't and you are under the gun like we are, you will lose a lot of valuable time!

"Life is tough - wear a cup!"
"Old Enough to Know Better - Too Young to Resist"
"Junk is something you will need three weeks after you throw it away."
Super_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote