View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 02:25 AM   #14
ryans69chevy

Re: Adding A/C and heat

Wow all very suggestions! Thank you all.

You just have purchased the kit before your cab was painted to fit the computers?

I'm wanting to prep my cab now so I can add the heat/ac later when the funds are available so I won't be able to have the parts in my possession which isn't the ideal thing when prepping I know...

I've searched this site for adding ac to a non ac cab and found the original cabs with ac are more of an oblong type hole vs the vintage air kit which from their site looks to be a 2 1/2" hole. I've also heard of old air kits which I'm not familiar with or haven't checked them out yet. Not sure if they use a different size.

What size should I cut my dash holes to? It sounds like oem and aftermarket vary in size so I got to be sure I choose the right one. Which one is better between oem and aftermarket?

Like I said I don't the funds right now to purchase a kit. I guess you could say I'll be committing myself to an aftermarket kit sometime down the road whether it would be vintage air or old air, but as I understand it I could use either oem or aftermarket size dash louvers, which vary in size...
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote