View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #381
N2TRUX
Happy to be here

Re: "Elwood" the 77_remix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkk View Post
Looks good..............don't know I would be able to start cutting up super clean stock sheet metal........... no going back to "stock" if the air bag deal runs it's course as other fads have done in the hobby.Keep up the good work!!!
I understand your concern. I was apprehensive as well until I installed these on my last build. With the fender open like it is I was able to clean and coat the entire area with undercoating, so there is less chance of rust than with a stock fender. I thought about structural integrity as well. Theres no doubt it might be reduced with the cut. On the other hand the additional strength add by bolting in the replacement tub makes a much tighter package. I am anal, and I was satisfied enough to do this truck too.

Regarding the air suspension fad, I dont see it going away any time soon. As Scoti mentioned even if I replaced the air suspension with coil overs like I have on Scarlett, the fender liners would be the same. As much as I LOVE the exteriors appearence of a stock GM truck, I have no reservations about updating suspension and drivetrain.

Articles-

"Jake" the 84 to 74 crewcab

"Elwood" the77_Remix

85 GMC Sierra "Scarlett"

"Refining Sierra"
N2TRUX is offline   Reply With Quote