View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #52
BigMike

Re: Overheating issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjewell2 View Post
I hope you find a cure for this, I have the same exact problem on a 1980 Malibu. running a 160* T-stat and new rad new pump, electric fan and shroud and runs at 210 or higher Never had a chevy do this until now, new eddy carb runs just as hot when the quad was on there ETC ETC.
Take a look at this video I ran across while researching my problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadNfSNi_Oc

After I saw this I started looking more & more into vapor lock, heat soak & boiling fuel in the fuel lines, really was an eye opener for me. All of the symptoms were exactly what I was dealing with. May want to take a look and see if this may be your problem as well.

Also, do you have a spacer between your carb & manifold? I had put one under mine a while back, helped it a little but didn't solve the problem. A lot of people have said it had fixed their "hot" carb issues. It's called a phenolic spacer, but don't get an aluminum one, get a plastic or composite one. Aluminum will still allow the heat to transfer from your manifold to carb.

BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote