View Single Post
Old 01-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #7
SCOTI

Re: Ordered from Western Chassis - received Chassis Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelightning603 View Post
I contacted Western yesterday and after explaining the situation, was told the Chassis Tech "would carry the same warranty". I advised that the reason I ordered Western was because I wanted to use my rally wheels and everyone with experience found that no mods to lower control arms was needed and that Western had excellent reputation but Chassis Tech not so good. So the rep asked if he could call back after some investigation.

So later in the day, Rick called and advised "there had been a problem with some of the castings" and that was the reason for the substitution. Also it was unknown what the delivery date would be on the Western spindles so I told him I wanted Westerns, I had no confidence in the Chassis Techs and I would send them back and Rick gave me the 'RGA' number.

Just to be clear, I don't want to hurt Westerns reputation. The spindles I ordered were for 81-87 Chev C10 with 1" rotors. I have no knowledge of any other items.

Thanks for the replies. I will try another one of the 'top' brands.
Basically the same conversation I had w/them. I chose Western after getting conflicting info about the Belltech spindles I had already purchased & returned (p/n did not match the casting #).

On top of that, I googled Chassis Tech spindles & by making this substitution, they're making more $$ on the sale since they retail for a lower initial cost (if you search around). IMHO, that is not good business practices. If you make a substitution, the purchaser should be notified before the transaction is approved.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote