Thread: Tool boxes
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 04:11 PM   #4
Jrainman

Re: Tool boxes

I would say 60-65 % of my tools Are Snap on ,I worked in a service station back in the 70s and the Snap on truck rolled in once a week, So over a 6 year period I worked there I bought a lot of snap on , but over the years after that it became a mix of all brands Some good, some not so good.

As far as tool boxes, I also bought a scratch and dent Craftsman upper and lower box back then, That still works well , Bought another Craftman in the late 90s, and another about 2010 , and the quality sure has gone down hill .In there defense they are over packed with tools ,but they still dont handle like the older Craftsman I have from the 70s.

I have looked at the big box store s and HF . and I feel the quality is no better then what I have already sure they do have some nice updated design changes to some of them .

As of now I have narrowed my search down to a tool storage company called
Extreme , the have 24 inch deep draws witch is a big plus for me and all the reviews look really good , They are a little more money but , not Snap on /Mac / Matco money. Just would like to see one in person or here from someone that has laid there hands on a Extreme Tool chest /box /cart .
Jrainman is offline   Reply With Quote