View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #3
HUSSEY

Re: Google Images to Forum Post

I used to use Google Picasa and it worked great, then all of a sudden Google decided to stop supporting it to force you to use Google Photos. So, I've now been using Google photos.

It works well for me though my only gripe is that it puts the image up at the size it is stored in Google Photos, which can be annoying, too large. In Picasa, you could select the image size. I've read some code you can put in front of the image that is supposed to reduce the size but I could never get it to work.

Anyways, here's how I do it:

1) Create a folder for the pictures you want to show.
2) Make that folder visible to the public.
3) Add your pictures to that folder.
4) Click on the picture for it to come up where it is shows over a black back ground.
5) Right click the image and select "Copy Image Address".
6) In your post paste the image address and add [img] before the address and [/img] after the address. Or, you can click on the little add image button of the toolbar.
7) You can then click the the next image arrow in Google Photos to grab your next image address.

I usually put posts together in Word because I can type, copy, paste, edit quicker in Word than in the forum editing window. I then select all (Ctrl+A), copy (Ctrl+C), then paste it into the forum editing window (Ctrl+V).

Also, on your phone, in photos, settings, back-up, you can select the upload size. "High Quality" is unlimited free storage and "Original Size" you pay for. I find the "High Quality" more than sufficient, and actually prefer to reduce the size of my pics from that when posting.

Last edited by HUSSEY; 02-01-2018 at 01:01 PM.
HUSSEY is offline   Reply With Quote