View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 02:39 AM   #175
MrFinland

Re: Silverado restoration in Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dads79GMC View Post
Taking a guess; I would assume that the lower right corner of the bed was pushed in at some point along the way or while at the shop??? Have you put the door on since paint to make sure it's not the cab corner; but looks to me to be fine. If it's the bed, you're going to have to take it off and have somebody put on that corner while you carefully hammer/dolly the inside of the bedside in order to get that corner to come out. I did that on the OEM box sides I have now and JaysonB and I just did on the white box in Dad79GMC build thread. That just simply stinks!!!! Sorry for the frustration. Mike

Hello Mike!
I'm not sure is there a fault in the bed or in the cabin, but the corner of the bed needs to be repaired. Yes, we installed the door before I welded the cabinet's outer rocker panel. The inner rocker panel is original(not changed). We took a conscious risk when we could not fit a new bed and cabin on the frame before painting. Now we get to suffer it! The painter said that we should fix the bed just last, when all parts are installed.

I was thinking of cutting off the corner of the bed from the bottom and pulling the sides in the right position and welding again. Hopefully succeeds.
MrFinland is offline   Reply With Quote