View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #10
my240

Re: update on 1979 K10. Everything dead but the lights

I have a load tester looks like a cabbage grader. I checked at a couple different times but I'll let it sit and try again. Battery is side mount with molded fittings on the ends. Re-did the neg 12 ga wire running to body ground from the terminal. could that j-stud be on the inside of the truck on firewall? I spent last hour going over every inch of firewall and no j-stud connector. I hear what you're saying about every chevy truck but it ain't there. The battery wire from alt. goes into a wrap along top of motor and goes down to top of bellhousing into a wrapped plastic tee. One leg goes under truck and other comes up by brake booster then to fuse block. I'm going to put the truck back up on the lift to see if i can see anything under truck that looks like it. I would have to pull the motor or transmission to service that tee,,it's that tight. I'm going to clean some stuff up around the pond and let all this sink in for awhile. It's hard to find something when it's not broken. Shook every wire I could find in and out of the truck to try and shut it down but nothing.
Thanks again

Ran truck in garage for 30 minutes. Stop,start,,,,,Battery when running voltage 14.64. After shutting down battery 13.66.

Last edited by my240; 02-09-2018 at 03:49 PM. Reason: forgot stuff
my240 is offline   Reply With Quote