View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:41 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Buying an out of state truck vs moving to another state

So I know some states inspect and some don't when you purchase a truck out of state. And I believe some states are really picky down to where the frame vin has to match the cab vin.

But what if you own a truck and move with that truck to a new state. Do you have to get a new title, or just that states registration? During this process of whatever your new state requires, do you have to have your truck inspected for vin matching frame to cab? I know some states require some sort of safety check or something. We don't have that here so I'm not positive what that's about.

I'm thinking long term here. What's going to happen if I decide to be a snow bird or a Hawaiian bird or something along those lines and the final truck in my inventory doesn't have a frame match a vin?

I have two short frames, a 4x4 and a 2 wheel, neither with paper work. But I have several cabs with the correct titles and matching vins on them. Might be dumb to use either of these chassis if I'm going to move out of Washington some day and take one truck with me ... or am I worrying about nothing?