View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #18
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: E-brake cable w/700r4 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
Well.....

After a month and a half backorder, I finally got my cable in today and it isn't even close to fitting.

Without even using the side supports (for lack of a better word) that go into the frame, and just trying to use the front cable off the brake assembly and the support rod that is opposite of that under the frame, I'm still about 6" short (at best) of even being able to connect it to the cable (with the double nuts) coming off the brake pedal.

**** like this drives me completely nuts, because my truck didn't originally have one when I bought it and no one had an answer for me when I was asking.

I guess there are only two more options for cables with a coil spring rearend, so I guess I'm now down to a 50-50 shot of possibly ordering the correct one on my next order. I just hate wasting money like this on things that should be simple to do

Sorry to hear that the cable didn't work as you wanted. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work unless there is a difference between a 67 hand cable and a 71 foot cable.
One thing also to look at. Is the cable in the right fire wall hole? If it's not it could make it short. You could even drill a new hole maybe.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote