View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 11:10 PM   #10
ericfallon

Re: Janesville Assembly’ To Be Demolished

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It's the American way. All about beans. Baltimore is long gone, too. But I find to hard to believe it can cost 2-3 times more to update what already exists than all the expense to demolish, dispose, excavate/grade, permits/Engineering/fees/sometimes studies, build at today's costs, and outfit with what was needed to upgrade the old place. Something wrong with this picture. I was just talking to a friend who is developing 7 lots about the crazy fees. dry wells are required for rain water drainage off the roof. Generally 4 holes and engineering costs about $6k per hole. His require 6, so 42 x $6,000 right there. Then the county wants something like that to study and approve. It goes on and on from there.

I think the tear downs are more about clearing the land to sell off to be developed for another use.
It is not the American way or all about the beans.

What was code back then, and what is code now, are two very different things, and to bring an older building up to todays codes, and to add all the stuff that was not avail back then. it cost 2 to 3 TIMES what it does to smash it and build new..
The contractors and developers didn't make and change the regulations .
Blame city hall.
ericfallon is offline   Reply With Quote