View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 07:53 AM   #775
Grumpy old man

Re: My Facetruck thread.

[QUOTE=special-K;8194644]Land is always a good investment, but some land may not appreciate much at all, some can drop in value due to changes of events, and during the depths of the great recession it either had no buyers or it was going for fire sale prices. Land is a long term investment that needs to be sold when the market is right. And these days the right time has become most important. Back before people became so fickle land was a good investment you could make out on any time you sold.

Tuesday Ms Grumpy and I went to look at 2 different lakefront properties each needing extensive home remodeling but they both had nice lake frontage and were priced way below market value , I'm talking $150,000.00 + below market . They looked like great investment properties online ,Well the first one looked good in the pictures 2 acres sitting in between 2 - $300,000.00 occupied homes but when we got there we quickly realized why someone had given up on the place it was basically a swamp with so many frogs croaking I didn't even walk up to the place

The second place was sitting on a small bluff overlooking a beautiful lake front view again needing restoration but a serious lakefront home large stone fireplaces and a detached 3 car building , I walked around it for an hour before we left and we realized the only way into the property was past a long time residents "place" That I can only describe as 2 acres of pure trash and running loose pigs /dogs/cats and piles of trash strewn everywhere by the animals . I'm not talking a little here and there it was so bad you would need a week with a bobcat and 3-4 large demo trailers to clean it up smack dab right in the middle of $300,000.00 + lake homes ,It just ruined the whole deal it was so bad ...

There is plenty of nice land for sale around here cheap and with all the influx of major trucking companies, automakers and tech manufactures and homes going up everywhere the place is booming .

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 02-22-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote