View Single Post
Old 02-23-2018, 10:12 PM   #127
70cst

Re: Anyone running CB's in their truck these days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffahart View Post
Ah! Let me ask you a couple dumb questions. Since I was a casual user of CBs back in the day and not even a hobbyist; and I was never super sharp on the CB specs. Are the old 23 channel all tube? Aside from that, If I got a 23 channel period correct would I be hampered in listing to communications on the local trucking route? Here's why I ask. I live near a major interstate trucking route (Interstate 5). I would love to listen to the trucker banter when cruising around town. I would sacrifice period correct for period looking (if you know what I mean) to have actual communication. That would be so much fun. So, I'm thinking I want to make sure I can communicate with the modern units too.

I need to do some research too, instead of just beating up on you. But I've been wanting a CB, now I'm serious about putting a package together.

Hope this isn't too bad of a hijack... or highway robbery!

Thanks!

j
Good Questions:
I believe all the CB's made in the era for our trucks were transistor ... possibly the late 60's were tubes.
As far as 23 channel or 40 channel. If its made in the 70's 99% of the people will have no clue if its a 23 or 40 channel radio. My Kris XL-50 is a 40 Channel while my Gladiator is 23 channel. I m still not sure which one I will use.
I also have a NOS Tube amp.

Channel 19 is the Highway channel so with a 23 or 40 channel you will hear the CB Chatter.
Driving your truck you will get into conversations with the truckers.
Attached Images

67-72 Chevy and GMC Trucks...The Classic Truck for the Classic Folk.

1970 CST Two tone green, 402BB, 400 Automatic, Tach, Buckets, AC, AM-FM, Tilt, GM CB, GM 8 Tract, LWB, etc

JOHN 17:3...The better side of "LIFE"

Remember: Everyday is a good day...Some are just gooder!
70cst is offline   Reply With Quote