View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:06 PM   #15
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Incidental costs to rebuilding trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
Cry me a river ! Try building 4 at one time in a 2 1/2 car garage and then like myself you'll understand the meaning of insanity ! Everything has to be on wheels , ,Shuffled around depending on what I'm working on and A parts storage nightmare that has consumed 1 bedroom , my enclosed rear porch , Numerous bins and the connecting room from the house to the garage which now has a narrow walkway due to more bins , I'm turning every nut bolt and screw , the only parts being sent out are my chrome work ,What was I thinking ?? here are a couple pics from a few months ago ...It's worse now and my barn is worse I've had to start making lists because I'm forgetting where I stashed different pieces . Incidental costs to rebuilding ? I'd say dry storage would hit the top of the list tools and equipment where does it end there's always something else you want or need ...
......lots and lots of wheels. I didn't mention the furniture dollies, nor the extra casters I ended up with because I changed my mind. Four trucks.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
Tony, I feel your pain! I keep an extensive spreadsheet of all parts. On purpose (so I don't know - ignorance is bliss) I don't keep records of the tools I've purchased (I rationalize, saying "I'll use them on other projects") nor do I even think about calculating my labor! Paying myself minimum wage, I estimate my truck's value is north of $200K! (anybody want to buy a half finished truck?)
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote