View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 12:25 AM   #283
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Over the weekend, I had a life long friend (also an avid car builder) show up and we knocked out a ton of stuff, including getting all the front sheet metal back on. I had already gotten the bed back on the week prior. With basically everything on the truck except the bed floor and a full tank of fuel, we dropped it on the ground to get a look at the final stance. It is perfect. So perfect, all the measurements match my planning, down to the coil overs being the right length at ride height with me guessing on the pre-loads for the front and currently no pre-load on the rear (which I plan for 150 lb each coil over and that is essentially the missing weight from the bed floor and fuel).

Man it looks good.

Name:  IMG_0031.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0033.jpg
Views: 1038
Size:  51.8 KB

I still have work to do on the grill/bezel. So that will come back off, but the bezel helps set the width at the bottom of the fender so it needed to be set in for the front end panel alignment. I've got some wonkiness going on with the hood hinges, but honestly my hood hinges have never worked right. They probably just need some good rehab.

As part of the process we also got the side bumper brackets I had put off roughed in and fit. Due to the wider frame rails they were sectioned about 1.5" out of the middle and then I cut the webs so they could be re-shaped to fit. Just need to weld them up now. Then sand and paint.
Name:  95424934-F6C9-4486-9F10-7BE1BBD8598F.jpg
Views: 1041
Size:  43.9 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote