Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:29 PM   #985
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: 75 Dually build

These are parent bore blocks and do not have sleeves. You will have to hone or bore to the correct size. I'd open up the piston to cylinder wall clearance a little more than OE specs too since you'll be boring and putting new pistons in. If you had low oil pressure issues, I'd be checking the rocker arm trunions and cam bore. These only have 1 cam bearing in them. The front journal behind the gear housing. The rest the cam rides right on the block. Also, I'd send your injection pump in and have it checked over too. It receives oil pressure from the engine and if it was ran low or out of oil can be very bad for it too.

To me, if your piston was seizing or scored the #6 cylinder, chances are the engine was over heated or someone had it cranked up pretty good and was not watching the pyro. If the oil pump was the culprit, you'd have bearing failure before that #6 cylinder has issues. I've seen this a lot on p-pump 12v's.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote