View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #291
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyV View Post
Love the amount of detail and awesomeness in this truck! I hope mine turns out half as nice one day. long road still ahead of me.
Killer Truck!
Thanks man! I'll say my short road turned in to a semi-long road, but I also had some "scope creep" along the way. Keep your focus and your truck will turn out just fine.

---------------------

I got some further run time on the engine today, actually got it warm enough to find out I thought I had flipped closed loop off but didn't. O2 sensors don't read well with no exhaust, well, it's really they are only 2 inches from the exit so they get washed out and the air/fuel readings are junk. So when the ECU flipped to closed loop when it reached temp, it struggled to put the right fuel in and stalled. Luckily I have enough experience in all this EFI stuff it didn't bother me and I didn't panic. So hopefully I'll get some more run time on it tomorrow. Before that though, I had to fix a few leaks, one which required a new olive/ferrule in a power steering line (that sucked).

In the meantime, more pics.

I can actually take a photo of the engine compartment now, so here it is! Note: the inner wheel tubs will get some further mods / repainted this summer when the weather is more friendly to spray expensive paint. I'm not too thrilled with the A/C lines so those may get hacked whenever I take it to someone to charge the A/C.
Name:  IMG_3158.jpg
Views: 884
Size:  50.9 KB

Man I love how the stance turned out. I'm so used to seeing the truck with a huge rake that seeing it leveled out still blows my mind.
Name:  IMG_0034.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  44.6 KB

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote