View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 07:40 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: So my all original 72 has a replacement engine block. What to do?

Tell us what engine and transmission the SPID lists and we can figure which suffix code you need. To me a truck with the engine it came with is far more desirable than one that had one replaced, when it comes to buying an unmolested truck. It could have been rebuilt a couple times, could be from another vehicle, but having it appear to be the engine it came with still in good running condition suggests the truck lived a better life. The fact that most people say they don't care about such a thing and that it doesn't affect it's value says to me the odds are the engine would be the actual original engine since most people wouldn't bother searching out the correct suffix code.

I had three '72 GM 4wd 3/4t trucks, two with 350 4bbl automatic. The Cheyenne Super was off the road for restoration and the Sierra's engine was sick. I took the engine that was just sitting out of the Chevy and put it in the GMC. The GMC still has the correct engine in it. If someone was totally honest with me and told me the engine has correct code but came out of something else, that would speak volumes to me the overall approach that person took toward what they did on that truck. Little things matter and attention to detail make a difference to me. It would also speak volumes of that seller's honesty to have revealed a thing I would otherwise had no way of knowing. And honesty is most important when I buy. I walk away from liars.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote