Thread: My 52 GMC Build
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #1920
dsraven

Re: My 52 GMC Build

don't think your'e gonna get that tire on the jetta,but if you did.........new build thread, haha

when you bleed the hydroost, what I have found to be helpful is to run the return line into a jug instead of back to the reservoir. that way the air bubbles don't get back to the pump and cause them to be aerating the whole system plus the power steering system, plus any debris in the lines or coming back from the hydroboost (?) will be captured. of course you need a buddy to keep feeding fresh fluid to the reservoir (I use an old 1 gallon plastic jerry can with the lid adapted so it will accept a 3/4 hose, that way it is easy for the reservoir checker to tip some more in). I find doing power steering systems and hydroboost systems this way makes the job much faster because the fresh fluid doesn't get bubbles in it from the returning fluid line which is usually a lot of air at first. since the system is re-using the fluid the pump takes the returning bubbles, makes them smaller and redistributes them back into the system.so you are getting aerated fluid re-distributed to compound the problem. also, there is a pressure reserve cannister (engineered to give a reserve power brake application should you lose the pump from broken belt or stalled engine etc) in the hydroboost that can possibly get bubbles in it so it will take longer to purge that as well. it takes longer to get them out and you need to let it sit for awhile inbetween each set of "runs" to allow the air to settle out/escape, then do it all over again. sure, you use a couple extra quarts of fluid but if your system is clean to start you could capture it in a clean jug and possibly use it for something.
just a thought
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote