View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 11:45 PM   #751
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: post up your camping pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
Like that alot, compact enough you can still use the rig. I camped alot out of K5's. I made screen "windows" that fit in place of the rear glass. Roll the rear glass down, open the tail gate & slide the screen up into the window track, close the tailgate. It would have been nice to have more headroom though.
I've tried sleeping in my K5's a couple of times. First was in my 75 where the back seat was not removable. My son took the back seat and I tried sleeping in the passenger seat with it leaned all the way back. Horribly uncomfortable.

I did sleep in the back of the 91 last year on our validation run prior to the desert trip. Other than unloading the majority of gear I brought with me so I had enough room to stretch out, it was more comfy than sleeping in a tent on the ground. But the idea don't work when I'm out for more than a night or have a passenger. The entire truck needs to be unloaded to allow for space to sleep.

I'll have safe heat in the camper, standing room and a soft bed. It should be awesome.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote