View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 01:14 AM   #796
evilokc

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

working on the a/c install. today sucked. you know what that's not correct. today REALLY sucked. I mentioned a day or so ago that my firewall didn't have any of the landmarks to locate the mounting bracket for the evaporator but I was able to find one. well I was wrong. I went to install the evaporator and it was hitting the wiper motor mount. it was probably 3 inches to high and 3 inches over towards the driver side. what to do? well I had to eyeball it. I measured the height of the evaporator and then removed the bracket from the evaporator. I moved the mounting hole 3 inches to the passenger side and down by 1.5 inches. simple enough BUT the hole I had cut in the fire wall for the hoses had to be moved several inches. I then re-drlled all of the holes for the firewall mounting bracket and made sure it bolted up correctly. I'm ready to re-install the evaporator and I'm confident it will fit now. however the giant, misshapen , disgusting, embarrassing, insert 5 more negative descriptives here hole that's left in my fire wall is killing me. the hole had to be cut over sized to allow me to adjust the evaporator while I was trying to locate its proper position. I knew I would have to make a patch for the old holes but this ones gonna be special. it looks like I'm going to have to move the alternator to the driver side and put the compressor on the passenger ide. the lower location of the evaporator bracket also interfered with the fuel pressure regulator and that will have to be moved down about 2 inches. the good news is that its located correctly and I should be able to move through the remaining steps at a good pace.
evilokc is offline   Reply With Quote