View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 06:04 PM   #20
Short 3/4

Re: 66 c20 disc swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzbum View Post
Thanks, Tom. I'm thinking a 1/2 ton manual cylinder may actually work just fine--looks like both the caliper bore size and rotor thickness are the same for 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks. Is it possible that you used a 1/2 ton cylinder on your rig?

Man, I'm with you on the value of a good traditional parts store. Chain stores are practically worthless for stuff like this, which is why these forums are so great. Since my go-to parts guy retired several years back this sort of project has gotten a lot more difficult. I've always happy to pay a premium for good service. Real shame you often don't have the choice anymore.
Sorry, don't remember any more about the master cylinder, was a long time ago and as I said I relied on my parts guru. All I know is that it worked great. Unfortunately that truck went to meet its maker about a year ago, and while I harvested as many organs as I could so others could live, I know that 30+ year old MC went into the scrap pile.
I agree with you on the value of this forum. I never had much use for computers before, but I learn something new every day from these guys.
I'm thinking if the calipers are the same part # or same bore size then the MC should be the same. I can tell you I had NO problem coming to a stop on a hill while fully loaded, with those manual discs.
Sorry I can't offer more than encouragement, but I can assure you the results will be worth the effort, Tom
NoSpin HO72 4.10 rear
Short 3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote