View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 10:42 AM   #7
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: Ramp truck winch??????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67_C-30 View Post
I wired the rear battery in series with the battery in front in Brutus and used a 105 amp alternator from a mid 80's IROC and never had a problem. I just it them charge both batteries all the time. I never had a problem with that setup for 10+ years hauling 100's of cars (lots of them with no wheels and tires) in that time. I did use 2 800 CCA batteries. My truck has rear side boxes, so I mounted one in the box right under the winch.

I always pulled cars up on the truck with the engine running.

Thanks this is the kind of info I was looking for.

If I connect a cable between the truck battery and both 6 volt deep batteries with the contactor I pictured I can charge them whenever I need to. I shouldn't need a wire ran from the alternator to the extra batteries they should charge through the truck battery. I can turn the charging off also by flipping the dash mounted switch.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote