View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 08:41 AM   #1
motiveauto

1963 K20 Shop Class Project

Hey everybody, its been a while since I last posted and some things have changed...for the better. I am a high school shop teacher hear in long island and I am lucky enough to teach Auto Shop and Metal Shop. Last year we built the 1947 Ford Rat Rod as a class project. My 1966 C10 is still a daily but now has the ls2 and T56 from the 2005 GTO I bought brand new. My Big blue 1986 K20 is in pieces awaiting another restoration. And we are currently working on a 1963 K20 in class.

The 1963 is one of my student's trucks. He and his father bought the truck a year or two ago to restore. Unfortunately his father died right before Christmas this year. We had the truck towed here to the school and we are just starting on a restoration of the truck. We pulled the old 292 due to a badly cracked head and installed the 230 that was originally in my c10. It runs and drives but has some bad rot. We had a go fund me to raise the money to buy the parts we need and met our goal in 7 days! Anyway I plan on keeping you guys updated on the build and the progress we make.

You can follow our build and prior builds at @lbhsautometal
My personal is @motiveauto
Attached Images

Softail Deluxe
Softail Chopper
motiveauto is offline   Reply With Quote