View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 07:24 PM   #15
Rich69shortfleet

Re: Need help with dash lights

Weather is still crummy (cold) but I was able to eliminate the headlight switch as the problem. I bought a new one and this did not solve the problem. It too energized the dash lights circuit but there is no power at the grey wire in the cluster plug.

One odd thing was observed which may tell me something, but I don't know what yet. With either of the headlight switches in place (old or new) I found that there is power across the PNL LTS fuse. HOWEVER, the power across the fuse is barely enough to light my test light. Regardless of where the headlight knob is turned the illumination of the test light is the same dim output. I CAN turn off the power across the fuse with the headlight switch but once the test light lights I cannot increase the brightness of the test light. So perhaps this tells me that the power from the green wire from the switch which energizes the grey wire circuit is weak.

I guess my next step is to pull the fuse block down and see if there are any weak points in where the green wire from the switch comes in and where the grey wire goes out.

As a side note and observation, the new BWD headlight switch at the first stop turns on the headlights and running lights and at the second stop (pulled out fully) turns on only the running lights unlike the original which turns on the running lights at the first stop and both the headlights and running lights at the second stop. WTH? This switch is going back, I'll continue to use the original.
Rich69shortfleet is offline   Reply With Quote