View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 08:56 PM   #8
Green67Stepper

Re: Melted Red and Pink wires at Ignition Plug

* My alternator is the stock LS one, off a 2000 5.3l

* As far as I can tell the wires are just getting warm enough at the ignition plug to melt the plastic surround. No actual wires have melted yet. When that plastic melts and then cools off it caused the ignition plug to warp and loose connection.

*The TCC wired to a new brake switch. from my understanding it needs power when the brake is not applied and then when it is applied the brake switch cuts power. I'm getting my power from that unfused IGN terminal.

* I'm running a OBD2 port reader for my LS gauges so it needs to be cut on and off with the ignition or it would never go off. That's why I have it on the unfused IGN terminal. I just have a jumper wire off that to power my SES light and to power my Autometer backlights and Volts Gauge.

OBD2 Gauge

* The reason I ask about the fusible link wire off the main battery supply is because I think I replaced it will a solid 12g wire last year because it got torn or something. At the time, I didn't realize that's what it was.

I know my LS motor harness needs 12v constant and 12v keyed power. I think I need to get the 12v constant power off the truck harness and run a new power wire right off the battery for that. I really don't remember where I am getting 12v constant right now. I'm pretty sure my 12v Keyed power is coming from them IGN COIL terminal on the firewall bulkhead. I know I replaced that stock wire, with a new one during the swap, because it was a resistance wire or something like that...

Last edited by Green67Stepper; 04-09-2018 at 09:41 PM.
Green67Stepper is offline   Reply With Quote