View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM   #3
CousinTone

Re: CaptianFab - I need your advice, please

Thanks CaptainFab. I was playing hookey today and visited a pick a part I haven't visited before and I did get what I think i need for the swap, i'm open to more advice.

I ran into a 1981 C20 (I know, metric) and the steering was untouched. I got the sway bar (about 1" maybe more thick), steering gear box, the intermediate shaft for the steering column (it's a double D and I know mine is round, will need to weld up the final config) and I also took the pitman arm, not sure that it will work. I left the steering alone, should I go back and get it? I can do that and it will only be about $50 total. I know we have the metric/imperial mismatch on the pump and gearbox. How do I address that...newer pump? I'm sure your plate will adapt to the gearbox. I grabbed it since it was worth a try and I just need some advice on how to get it all together. Reading all these threads on steering gears...pitman this and rag joints that has me crosseyed and with a new migraine.

I appreciate any and all advice from our community and CaptainFab, I am happy to finally need your mounting plate (shows a bit of progress), please PM me with the details.

Thank you all. Tony "V" in OC
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote