View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 11:09 PM   #1
MCSquared

New To Forum - Seeking Wisdom on 52 pickup

I have a 1952 chevy 3100 shortbed pickup, pretty much stock (6 volt battery, 3 on the tree... OK, it's got electric wipers). I am retiring soon and looking for a hobby. I have this urge to start with an AME (Art Morrison Enterprises) frame, LS3 motor, 6 speed transmission... basically, put that old and beautiful body (not mine, the truck) on a new frame, keeping it as stock looking as I can.

My first challenge is selecting between the two options for AME frames. I could use some dialogue around making the right decision on this. Right now, measuring from the ground to bottom of running boards is around 12 inches on my stock truck. One option from AME says the distance will be 5 and 3/8 inches and the other frame option is 7 and 1/2 inches. The 5 3/8 inch option requires raising the bed floor a little over 2 inches.

...and did I mention that I do not have a history of doing any type of mechanical work, but I can't help myself on this one, and yes, I will seek professional help when I think I need it.

Does anyone have experience with dropping a 47 - 53 on an Art Morrison Frame that they would be willing to share with me? My first concern is that AME calls the higher frame "The Standard Ride Height" Frame and I am having trouble understanding whose "standard"... AME's at 7.5 inches or what I measure on my stock truck at 12 inches?

Thank you in advance for your willingness to advise me.
MCSquared is offline   Reply With Quote