View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
1968 baby blue C10

Re: 68 C10 build thread...kinda.

The second week I had her I did a few small things. Put the original style Trico wiper blades on, the previous owner had new cheap wiper blades, one without an adapter so it would turn sideways when you turned them on haha.

Next I fixed the reverse lights, I believe it still had the original bulbs in it. Someone had a fuse that was way too low an amperage rating. The glass twisted out of the base and I had to tear the base out in pieces. Put new ones in and they worked right away, I was lucky the socket itself hadn’t rusted.

I also went ahead and wired up the marker lights, I know 68 didn’t originally have them but I figured “What the heck? The sockets are there.” I am going to change them back to the original solid ones someday though.

And lastly I fixed the horn, I started tracing wires to find what was wrong, I figured whoever put the Camaro steering wheel it it didn’t wire it up. Turns out it was just unplugged under the dash. It was turned sideways and only one prong was plugged in. Plugged it in and the factory horn still worked. A day or so later I installed a oohga horn haha. I painted it flat black and tucked it away out of sight. I wired it up so there was no modification to the original wiring. Always gets smiles out of everyone.
Attached Images

"Too many people have opinions on things they know nothing about. And the more ignorant they are, the more opinions they have." -Thomas Hildern
1968 baby blue C10 is offline   Reply With Quote