View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:41 AM   #5
stanski

Re: Update on Power Steering Pump Flow Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGracho View Post
This definitely got me interested. Sound like upgrading brakes, there is no easy one part to change to make an upgrade. The pump pressure and flow should be balanced with the box. The boxes from different applications have different torsion bars to change the feel, different ratios to determine the turns lock to lock (and fixed and variable are out there) and different internal stops that could screw up your turning radius.

I found a good article with google...

http://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp-...g-box-upgrade/
This describes my exact situation. I started with this thought that I wished my 74 would feel like my 2017. Did my research and yes, to get that desired wheel feel you would have to look into box mods, box swaps, or custom built boxes and or a bunch of other high tech and costly solutions that just were not worth it. Then I ran across these custom valves and thought what the hell, 40 bucks and change just one simple part, its worth a try even if it doesn't work. Well, it worked and my desire for modern feeling steering has been easily, quickly and cheaply satisfied. Wish all my other plans turned out this well.
stanski is offline   Reply With Quote