View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
special-K
Special Order

Re: DIY redline tires with pics

Looks good. I also hope they hold up to the constant flex of radial sidewalls. I know a tire with whitewalls or letter has a layer of white throughout. A friend years ago had a machine for routing out anything you wanted the sidewall to say... Badyear...Firebone...Stop looking at my tires ...anything. Then he could do colors, too. He could cut whitewalls and do redlines, too. I don't think his business got far off the ground, but such capabilities are encouraging. The only off the shelf redlines I've seen (haven't looked lately) were small OEM size. I have talked to DB about making me wide radial 3/8" (came as reline and wide oval whitewalls) whitewalls for my shortbed's 8" red steelies I'll put wheel covers on, for that old man but wide track look

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote