View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 11:31 AM   #19
made2drag

Re: 700R4 With No Lockup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GASoline71 View Post
Fixing it to work properly isn't experimenting. I wouldn't drive it around only using 3rd if it was me. If that was the case I'd just install a TH350.

Reread post #5 in this thread and then decide for yourself if you should not hook up the lockup...

Gary
How would you fix it? How do you get it to shift in 4th? TV cable is right and dipstick level is full in park, checked hot after a 15 min drive. Give me a straight forward one and done answer. Then tell me why my solenoid clicked once and never again while I gave pin "a" 12 volts and pin "d" chassis ground and my 10 amp fuse didn't blow. Or are you talking about sending this off to a trans shop so they will ask me for $1000 to rebuild it? Transmission shops wont spend hours checking and tinkering because they cant afford a bad rep if it tears up a week later. Dropping a pan and fiddling with a 35 year old transmission isn't an option for me. Anything over $400 in labor and parts is a waste of time and money on a 35 year old transmission with who knows how many miles and who knows who did what to. The question is: Can I drive it in 3rd, since 4th without a lockup will burn it up. 4th ain't working and lockup needs fixed. It appears from how nasty and gunked up the connector was that the connector hasn't been used in decades.
made2drag is offline   Reply With Quote