View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 09:18 AM   #4
hobo

Re: 53 3100 Project - My first truck build...

Not sure what one of the previous owner's obsessions with the color green was, but it's evident all over the truck (but that will change).

I'll probably keep the keg gas tank for now, but the green straps will need to change color.

Speaking of green, I wasn't sure what to make of the green steel rails in the bed. Come to find out the frame is notched (which is all new to me - all my previous muscle cars had stock frames). This one happens to sit on an S10 frame. Not a huge fan of the skull/web/green thing, but the only thing I'll change sooner-than-later will be the color.

And speaking of green AGAIN, I was told that the truck had a newly rebuilt, 30-over 350 that had never even been fired. The previous owner said that in a way that I should have been thrilled, but from all my Harley builds I knew I would be tearing it down to see what the builder had actually done. This is a pic of the motor when the truck arrived in my garage and me showing my son how to tear the motor down to see what was inside a few days later.

hobo is offline   Reply With Quote